Whether you know it or not, social media is a big part of your life. You can use Facebook to keep in touch with old friends and family members that you don't have much contact with anymore. You can share pictures on Instagram and tell the world what you're doing in just a few words. And who doesn't love to see how their favorite celebrities are doing? Social media has become an integral part of our culture in today's society, so why not use it for business too? In this blog post, we will talk about the benefits of using social media for business purposes as well as some tips and tricks for succeeding on social media platforms.
1. Why is it important to use social networks
-To reach a broader audience
-Connect with your customers and potential clients on a more personal level
-Build brand awareness, loyalty, and trust among consumers
-Inform people about what you have to offer them as well as provide useful information that will help their lives in some way, shape or form.
-Increase sales by allowing current customers to give reviews of your products/services which can lead other potential buyers to check out the feedback from others who may share similar interests. It also makes it easier for new customers to find you because they'll see all these positive comments left behind by satisfied customers. If there are negative remarks made towards your company, then this gives you an opportunity to respond accordingly so that concerned individuals know that you are listening.
-Stay ahead of the competition by knowing what they're doing and adjusting your marketing strategy based off that information
-Be able to research prospective customers before making contact with them in order to gain a better understanding of who they are, their likes/dislikes, etc. This will give you a leg up on other companies out there because not everyone is willing to take this extra step towards success.
Connecting with people has never been easier! There's no reason why social media shouldn't be apart of your business plan going forward so long as it benefits both parties involved. If done correctly, then everybody wins! Who knows? You may even bring in some new clients the way through online networking...
2. What are the best ways to reach your target audience on social media
-It depends on what your business is and who you are trying to reach, but here are some examples:
• Facebook - Use the "interest" section of a user's profile page in order to see things that they're interested in. This way it will allow you to connect with them about topics relevant to their personal interests as well as ones related directly towards your industry/products/services. You can check out how successful other companies have been using this tactic by looking at similar pages within your niche for ideas regarding content, pictures, videos...whatever type of media works best for each individual social network platform. Just make sure that whatever information being shared is engaging so people want to share it from one account all the way across multiple platforms to their friends.
• Twitter - Reply to every single person who mentions your account in a tweet whether it's just an initial question or they are sharing something that is relevant towards what you have to offer (i.e., questions regarding how much something costs, where can items be purchased/purchasing options, etc.). This way people will get the idea that there really IS someone on the other end of this screen name and not some robot set up solely for advertising purposes...not only does this make them feel important but also builds trust between buyer & seller which leads me into my next point:
• Instagram - Respond to EVERY comment left behind by users! I know that when I was still actively using IG back during 2015-2016, I used to get so annoyed when brands would ONLY post content yet never reply back to the comments being left behind. It makes people feel as if their thoughts, opinions and ideas are unimportant which leads me into my next point.
• LinkedIn - The same rules apply for both IG & LnkD! You need to engage with your target audience on a regular basis in order to build trust among them because who wants to buy from someone they don't even know? Social media gives you the opportunity of getting up close & personal without having that awkward initial meeting where you spend more time not talking than actually discussing what it is that each person has planned out ahead of time (i.e., company mission/purpose, services offered).
3. How can you take advantage of this opportunity
-There are a few different ways that you can go about doing this, but one of the easiest & most successful methods that I have personally seen is through using IG.
• For starters, make sure to add links back towards your business website in the "bio" section on each post! In addition to adding links within posts themselves (i.e., hashtags or comments), it will help people find out more information regarding who you are and what it is that your company has to offer if they're interested while also giving them a direct link back towards where they need to be going next if they're ready for their needs/wants to be met.
• Add pictures along with captions whenever possible because visuals are proven to help people retain more information than text alone. This is especially true when it comes to IG, because there are so many different types of users that use the app in their own unique ways (i.e., businesses who want followers/clients, small organizations looking for volunteers or donations, teenagers trying to get noticed by an IG celebrity etc.)!
• Instagram stories have been another great way for me personally when wanting to interact with everyone on my account regularly throughout each day while also staying active within the community I'm a part of...basically what you're doing here is throwing out quick messages about whatever it might be at any given moment which can include anything from where your business will be having its grand opening party & "inviting" those who are interested to attend, things that your business is currently offering/selling or upcoming events that you're planning on hosting in the near future.
• If you want even more interaction but don't feel as if this type of app would be beneficial towards what it is that you have planned out for yourself and your company, then I highly suggest using LinkedIn!
• There's something about LnkD which really appeals to me because everyone seems so much more professional than they do over any other social media platform...this might just be my own personal opinion though since most people tend to use their "real name" when creating an account whereas with IG & Twitter there isn't such a lol
4. The benefits of using social media for business purposes
-I think that this is one of the easiest topics to talk about because it's something which I was SO excited for when I first started working within my industry!
• For starters, you no longer need to rely on newspaper ads or flyers in order to attract new customers/clients...all you have to do now is post a simple pic with a catchy caption & voila - your target audience has already found its way onto your page without ever having gone through any extra effort.
• The same rules apply if you're an artist who wants their work seen by as many people as possible OR someone who simply just enjoys putting out information online via platforms like Twitter, Tumblr etc.! Social media gives us all access towards millions of people across the world which can be helpful when trying to get your voice heard in a positive way!
5. Tips and tricks for succeeding on social media
-I feel like there are SO many different ways that you can go about doing this depending on what type of business/organization it is that you're running and how old your company currently is.
• For those who have just started out, I highly suggest starting with the basics such as Facebook because everyone knows about it & has at least a basic understanding or idea regarding what goes into creating an account! As time progresses and things start to pick up for your organization, then I would begin branching off towards other platforms such as Tumblr, Twitter etc. in order to reach even more people than ever before...this might require some extra work but all of the legwork will be worth it if you end up getting noticed by someone important within your industry that can then help you get things going for yourself at a much faster pace!
• If your company is already established and has been around for quite some time, I would say to continue doing what it is that you're currently doing but also begin thinking about ways in which social media platforms could be beneficial towards helping grow the business even more so than before. This step might require a little bit of brainstorming on your part because there are literally thousands if not millions of different strategies out there depending on who/what type of industry you happen to work within...but just remember this - never add anything or post something without first having done necessary research beforehand!
-It seems as though every other day someone comes up with yet another
6. Ways to make a lasting impression with customers and potential clients
-The possibilities are truly endless when it comes to social media because all you really have to do is go out there & let your imagination run wild!
• If you're planning on throwing a huge party with an open bar, then I would highly suggest using Facebook in order to advertise this type of thing...I don't know about the rest of the world but here where I live, people love their alcohol so if you can lure them into attending either for free or at least at a lesser price than what they'd normally be paying - chances are that everyone will end up having an amazing time and come back again (and again) once word gets around as to how fun things were during said event.
• There's no reason why you can't do the same type of thing if your business is currently holding some sort of contest or giveaway! All it takes is one quick pic & post and suddenly everyone's attention will be on YOU instead - because let's face it, who doesn't like trying to win something for free?
-I would say that this trick works especially well with any type of product/service which costs at least $50...most people won't even think twice about spending their hard earned money towards purchasing something but getting someone else (i.e., a friend) to buy the exact same item as them in order to qualify for an extra bonus prize once they've already purchased said good(s)? That, my friends, is where things get interesting and people start to pay a lot more attention! It's definitely not an easy thing to pull off but if you manage it, then I can guarantee that your business will be seeing quite the increase in customer base within no time at all.
-I feel like this is something else which works best when used by those companies/businesses who already have the upper hand throughout the industry as opposed to trying this method out for newbies or smaller businesses...it would take much longer (if ever) for these types of organizations to get noticed simply because they're just starting out and don't yet possess any type of online presence whatsoever.
7) Turning followers into paying customers
-The first step to turning followers into paying customers is to simply offer them something, anything at all - a free app download for example. These types of things don't necessarily have to cost you any money but rather just take up some time on your part because it's the only thing that these people will be receiving from you which makes this type of marketing strategy completely worth your while if you happen to know how best utilize it...trust me when I say that having even 100 loyal customers who are willing and ready pay top dollar for whatever product/service(s) it is that brand offers can make an absolute world of difference in helping boost company profits!
• On the other hand, there are companies out there (such as big ticket retailers) who may not necessarily be willing to invest their time into providing people with freebies. If this is the case, then I would recommend that you look into offering something else instead - perhaps discounts or buy one get one deals? Either way, just remember that social media marketing strategies are all about getting creative and thinking outside of the box so don't feel afraid to think big when it comes down to what your company can do in order to prove its worth!
-I've actually found success by using both types of promotional offers simultaneously...say for example my business was looking for new customers but already had a decent sized customer base (100 loyal followers). Well without even having to spend any extra money on these potential new clients (because they'll already be loyal to me), I can simply offer them something (something free this time around) which they will want - like say a downloadable app. This would give my company the upper hand by making it seem as though we're extremely generous and then once everyone has downloaded that particular app, I could follow up with another promotion where anyone who downloads said application is automatically entered into a contest for some fabulous prize!
• So not only do you get your business out there in front of more people but you also receive even more potential clients & customers as well which comes as an added bonus...and let's face it, what good is having all of those social media followers if you have no idea how to cash in on them? You're basically just throwing your money away which is why it's so important to utilize these marketing strategies in order to ensure that you're doing everything possible with the resources at hand.
-The best advice I can give anyone who may be interested in learning more about this topic would have to be not only are they free but also extremely easy...all you really need is a social media account and some creativity, especially when considering what types of promotions/deals will work best for your company specifically! It might take some time initially (especially if you don't currently possess any type of online presence) but once word gets out about how awesome your brand is then there won't ever be a problem finding new customers or clients who want nothing more than to purchase whatever it is that you're offering.
• And while this may not necessarily be the case for everyone, I can tell you from personal experience that it definitely does work - especially when considering how many people are on social media these days and just how easy it was to get there in the first place! So don't hesitate any longer...get out there and start utilizing your brand's presence online today so you too can begin reaping all of the benefits which come along with it!
8) Keeping up-to-date with new technology and trends in the industry (new apps, current events, etc.)
-If you're the type of person who likes to stay up with all things technological (apps, software updates, etc.) then I would highly recommend that you start by following top news sources on social media - check out any/all big name sites like Mashable or TechCrunch for example.